Hey, friends! Happy December!
I can’t believe it’s been so long since we got back from Paris. I loved my time in the city, and definitely would have been happy to have a little (or a lot) more time there! As it was the end of our trip and our third country, we were all pretty exhausted by the time we got to exploring the city – the eye bags were SO real at this point! We also walked 13 miles our second day there, but we saw a ton and definitely made the most out of our short time.
Here’s what we did:
- Air B&B again for the win! This one was the one the boys let me pick, and it was so dreamy! <3
- Day one we walked to the Notre Dame, outside of the Lourve, went in the Musee D’Orsay, and just enjoyed the city streets.
- Day two we trekked over to the Eiffel Tower, walked a ton more, and went up the Arc De Triumph. We loved the view of the city it gave, and all agreed it was worth the 12 euro it cost to climb the stairs to the top.
- We didn’t plan out where to eat ahead of time, which I would definitely recommend. I wasn’t impressed with most of the restaurants around the more touristy areas.
- If you have a kitchen available, I would definitely recommend buying some baguettes and brie and just eating hot cheese and bread every night. It tastes good anywhere, but it tastes way better in Paris.
(That last photo is for all my fellow Harry Potter lovers out there.) 😉
I am so, so glad we decided to take this trip. It was a great first overseas experience for Chris and I, and it was so special to share it with our friends. I’m already planning our next trip, but I think this time we might be staying stateside. Stay tuned. 🙂
Thanks for looking,