Well friends, it has been a minute! I redid my website this spring, and then proceeded to neglect my blog for months… but I’m back! I thought it may be fun to give a little intro to the life of Sarah La Croix – where I came from, how my brain works, what my life has been like – so you guys can get to know me a little more! Other than my mom, who already knows me (hi mom). So – here is your first class in Sarah 101, welcome students, I am your professor Sarah, and you can bribe me with pizza any day.
- I’m a type 4 on the enneagram, so I’ve got allllll the moods and feels. I hit some high highs, and some low lows – usually all within a 24 hour period, but sometimes stretching through days, weeks, and months. It’s probably a big part of why I’m so drawn to dark & moody vibes in photography and editing styles. I always loved some good emo music and I was in high school when it hit it’s prime, so the 2005-2009 pop punk scene really holds a sacred place in my heart. #emoforever
(baby emo Sarah)
- I love carbs. SO much. I love baking, and learning how to create different variations of bread is my JAM. Especially if I also have jam. heh heh. But for real – french bread, sandwich bread, biscuits, doughnuts, pizza dough… if it’s doughy and it has to rise, I’m all about it. This photo was from one of my favorite nights of my life – we walked to this bakery in Paris, bought a couple baguettes, then went back to our Air B&B and ate bread and cheese and giggled and it was the best. I wish I could walk around with fresh-from-the-oven bread sticking out of my purse every day. <3
- I grew up in a Christian family, as did Chris. We went to church (almost) every Sunday, and my dad even worked for the church for a year. I attended a Christian school from kindergarten through my high school graduation, and went to Liberty University and Cedarville University for my BSN. I am so thankful for the solid foundation of Christianity in my life. My faith for this life and eternity is in Jesus Christ, and my goal is to find ways to love God and love people (aka allllll people) every day forever. Never perfect, but always working, learning, & trusting.
- Oh yeah – I have my Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, and I’ve been working as a nurse for almost 6 years. I followed the college path because I felt like that’s what people who got good grades were supposed to do, and while I don’t know how long I’ll continue to use my nursing degree I don’t regret it at all. I met some lifelong best friends in college, and learned how to live away from home. Am I in love with nursing? Nope. But, having a stable career as a young 20 something can have its benefits, like home ownership and not always stressing about finances the first years of your marriage.
- Chris! Love of my life! Sunshine in my darkest days. Chris and I met in 2006 in high school. He quickly became BFFs with my brother, which also meant spending a lot of time with me! We worked summer jobs together, and he and my brother even drove to Virginia to visit me my freshman year of college, but it wasn’t until the summer of 2009 that we fiiiinaly started dating. (single ladies – you know how everyone always says to marry your best friend? It’s actually great advice.) We spent most of our college years together, got engaged in 2014, and got married on June 20, 2015. 🙂
- God blessed us with the opportunity to buy the first house my brother ever flipped in 2016! We love our tiny little farmhouse so much, and we’re so thankful to have been able to buy at such a young age. However……
- We also inherited land from my grandparents when they passed away. It’s a lot on 40 acres that my parents now own, and we’re planning on building there in the (hopefully not too distant) future! Building a home together has been something Chris and I have planned on since the earliest days of our relationship. We have some wild ideas for our future home, and I plan on going full Joanna Gaines and letting my designed side run free! (did I mention that I was an interior design major for one semester?) Stay tuned. 😉
- We’re pretty boring as far as grown ups go. We both wake up early for work, so we go to bed early at night. We don’t (and really haven’t ever) party or drink. We stay in and watch movies, read, work on our house, or if we’re feeling really crazy we might go out for a coffee and shop for antiques! However, we’ve been saving and going on a few big trips over the last few years. For our most recent trip, we rented a campervan and drove through Arizona and California, and a few years ago we adventured through Iceland, Paris, and Amsterdam. Although I’m a homebody in every sense of the word, these trips always feed my soul and inspire me to see more of the world.
Wow. That was a lot! Thanks for sticking with me. Hopefully now we know each other so well we can be besties! Maybe? At least internet besties. 🙂 I’ll be back on this little bloggy blog of mine more ofter now sharing photos from my sessions, and maybe some more personal stuff like this? Maybe some behind the scenes of our future home design and the process of building?
As always, you can follow along on my instagram to keep up with all the latest! I’ll be sure to share there whenever something new happens here. 🙂